Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Happy Fall!

'Tis the season to be joyful, in my opinion. I never want this apple-and-pumpkin-treat, vibrantly colorful season to end. 

A poem I wrote pretending to be a chic girl in boots walking to her every-day job working for Apple:


Fall In My Neck of the Woods


The heels of my boots collide with the wet, smooth substance of autumnal foliage

Creating the crunching sound a fall-lover craves to hear
Before I make my way to my daily grind
I absorb every sight I can
Before it leaves me forever
Another day in the crown of all seasons
Blurs of popping orange, crimson, and orange
Meet my wonder-struck, beauty-searching eyes
And bring a beam to my made-up face
Before I step into the office once again
Tapping away to the music of pattering raindrops outside my window

No comments:

Post a Comment